Pages

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Summer 2010 begins...

It has been a long time since I have blogged. I am glad to be back to share my experiences and struggles in being a seminarian. As you can tell from my previous blog ("Easter Letter"), I have been very busy. It really has been such a roller coaster of emotions in my first year of seminary. Although there were ups and downs this past year, I have survived it. It is only by God's infinite grace that I have the strength to go on.

Coming home this month on Mother's day was bittersweet. It was the first Mother's Day with out my mom physically being there. I was able to make a visit to the graveyard last week. I started my summer running. No rest for the wicked...

On Monday evening (May 10), I was able to serve mass at the Co-Cathedral of St. Theresa for the Feast Day of St. Damien of Molokai. I was able to have private time with the relic of St. Damien (His heel Bone). As each person came up to venerate the relic, I was reflecting on the life of St. Damien. I was wondering about his struggles as a seminarian and more so as a priest in Molokai. I prayed really hard to St. Damien to intercede for me to persevere in my vocation to the priesthood. This month has been very hard on me and so I needed that moment with St. Damien.

Also on Monday last week, I started my internship with the Diocesan Office of Religious Education. There is a lot of work to be done. I have the privilege and honor to create and present an hour-long presentation on the Norms for the Sacramental Catechesis for Baptism, Confirmation, First Holy Communion, & Penance. There is a lot of reading to do before I start on the presentation. I have to start with the National Directory for Catechesis. How fun, right?

I did have my Zippy's Chili Chicken Mixed Plate with Mac Salad already :). I can't wait to taste more food that I have been craving for.

As the summer goes on... I will try to post more on here.... I hope that you will continue to follow me...

As my spiritual director always says- "Oremus pro Invicem"- Let us pray for one another.

No comments:

Post a Comment